Guide to Walking in Achill / Siúlóidí Acla
A bilingual guide to 14 circular walks
Produced and created by Achill Tourism and funded by Údarás na Gaeltachta.
Achill Island has much to offer the walker:
- Peaceful roads and tracks away from the pressures of everyday life
- Unspoilt and unrivalled natural beauty
- Spectacular costal scenery and dramatic cliffscapes, including the highest seacliffs in Europe
- Five magnificent golden sandy beaches with Blue Flag status
- Vast areas of open mountains and towering hills
OUT OF PRINT
We regret to report that the Achill Walks Booklet is now Out of Print. We apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience this may cause.
This 84 page publication provides full, easy to follow trail directions for 14 delightful circular or loop walks to suit all ages and abilities ranging in distance from 2.5 to 21km. Together with trail directions, each walk is accompanied by a clear route map and numbered descriptions of the various points of interest. The walks are way marked and the time taken, distance covered, aggregate height and difficulty grade is noted for each walk.
The guide also includes pictures of the area and information about Achill, its traditions, geology, archaeology and flora and fauna.
All information is given in both English and Irish as the Irish language is still spoken in the area.